Christmas Card Sayings or Holiday Messages for When You’re Stuck
We all celebrate the holidays a bit differently – this year, show everyone what is truly in your heart by choosing the perfect message to go inside your greeting card.
Knowing what to write in a Christmas card or holiday can be difficult, but a little inspiration can go a long way. It’s important to set the mood first.
Here are five tips for creating that holiday feeling!
- Put up Christmas decorations / holiday decorations: The smell of a pine tree, the twinkling of lights, and some nicely wrapped presents will surely amp up your Christmas spirit or holiday cheer.
- Find your perfect card-writing soundtrack: Create a holiday playlist or put on your favorite Christmas movie.
- Fix yourself a drink (it doesn’t have to contain alcohol): Try spiced tea, eggnog, a cup of hot cocoa, or a toasted almond.
- Get cozy: Slip into some comfy pjs and a pair of fluffy slippers, then get a fire going.
- Grab your tools: Find a smooth writing pen; grab your cards, envelopes, stamps, and labels, then head to your favorite chair.
If you’re sending more than one type of card, organize them into stacks. Perhaps you have designated holiday cards for your professional relationships, friends, and family. Maybe you have specific things you want to say to a few people and are going to write them first, or you could save those heartfelt letters for the end (after a few more toasted almonds).
Working with the Holiday Greetings You Already Have
Sometimes, it is best to work with the lovely Christmas card messages you already have. What you write in a Christmas card or holiday card can be as simple as putting the person’s name at the top and underlining specific words or verses in a pre-chosen Christmas greetings message to accentuate the feelings behind them. However, a hand-written saying at the bottom, be it Merry Christmas wishes, seasonal expressions, holiday quotes, or original Merry Christmas wording, will show your recipients that they are on your mind and the extra effort you put forth to tell them so.
What to Write in a Christmas Card 2023
This year, whether you are traveling for the holidays or staying home, sending out Christmas cards, modern holiday wishes, or more traditional Christmas greetings, reach out to your friends, family, and coworkers using these 2023 Christmas messages and holiday greetings.
Holiday card messages and Christmas card messages 2023:
- Warmest thoughts to you and your loved ones as this challenging year winds down. Wishing you good health, happy holidays, and a prosperous New Year.
- We’re together even when we’re apart. We’re connected even when we’re far away. This Christmas and throughout the new year, we will always be with you.
- Every day is a little like Christmas morning; odds are, there will be one small fight, lots of love, and plenty of surprises.
- The light of Christ will guide you through the darkest tunnels.
- The holidays will forever be a time to celebrate life’s little joys.
- The world can be a big and scary place sometimes, but faith will guide you. Merry Christmas.
- Find shelter in family. Find a home in God. Merry Christmas.
- You are a part of God’s infinite grace. Merry Christmas.
- Never forget the joy Christmas brings.
- For all that we’ve lost and everything we’ve gained, Christmas is an eternal reminder to appreciate each day.
- Life changes in the most unexpected ways – hold tightly onto the things that never do – Merry Christmas.
- Find beauty in change and peace in tradition. Merry Christmas.
- The joy of Christmas comes from the connections we make throughout the year.
- Every holiday is different; that’s what makes this time of year so exciting, the possibility of today becoming a better tomorrow.
- The holidays are a reminder of everything we hold dear and all the joy life brings.
- The holidays are happiness frozen in time.
- Bringing hope, happiness, and love to you this Christmas and throughout the New Year.
- With Christmas in our hearts, we will always be strong.
- Miles apart or right next door, we’re always connected. Happy holidays.
- Sending hope, happiness, and love from our home to yours. Happy holidays.
- The joy of the holidays comes from the home, knowing that wherever it may be, it’s the connections we make that give it meaning.
- There’s nothing more special than being home for the holidays.
- Be kind, present, & sincere. Be forever grateful. Be a constant this holiday season.
- Be recklessly sentimental this holiday season.
- Humanity forms by the connections we make; celebrate yours this holiday season.
- Find joy. Give joy.
- Make this season the brightest one yet!
- We will laugh. We will celebrate. We will holiday!
- A lifetime of holidays is measured in the sincere expression of the heart.
- Send joy whenever you can; receive joy whenever it’s offered.
- There’s always time to share a little holiday joy.
- The holidays don’t quit, nor should you.
- The holidays will forever be a part of the magic that makes life beautiful.
- Don’t forget all the small moments that make the holidays magical.
- The holidays are a time to pause and appreciate all we have.
- May this holiday season bring you peace and happiness.
- May your heart be light and your days be merry and bright. Happy Holidays!
- May your days be merry and your nights be cozy. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- May the magic of Christmas fill your home with warmth and happiness as you make cherished memories with loved ones and friends.
- Over the holidays, may you be surrounded by the people you love and the moments that warm your heart.
- Wishing you a season of cheer and a year of blessings. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
- May your home be filled with all the things that bring you joy this season. Have a magical Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s as special as you are. Enjoy the holiday season to the fullest!
- Fill your days with peace, your heart with love, and your life with laughter. Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
- Wishing you a Christmas fiiled with all the light the holidays can bring.
- May the spirit of the holidays bring you hope, happiness, and a heart full of gratitude.
- Have an extra-special season!
- May the joy and wonder of the holidays be yours!
- Warmest wishes for love, laughter, and good times this season. Happy Holidays!
- As the snow falls and the lights twinkle, we hope the magic of the holidays bring you all the joy you’re looking for this season.
What to Write in a Business Holiday Card
Sending Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year wishes to colleagues or customers? Business relationships are tricky, as the wrong message could create more trouble than just an awkward moment at your next office Christmas party. The likelihood is you know your family better than your coworkers and clients – Uncle so-and-so may appreciate an occasional off-color joke, but Mr. [insert appropriate name here] is probably better suited for a classic seasonal greeting.
Then, there are the various professional relationships that one builds – from business acquaintances to your close-knit work friends, employees to supervisors, a new client or a loyal customer– all of these categories make for an even more confusing internal debate when you are trying to figure out exactly what to say in a Christmas card.
And, should you use a message like Merry Christmas or a nondenominational message like happy holidays?
One thing that rings true for everyone is genuine tidings of good cheer and the wish for a prosperous and healthy New Year.
- Wishing you a very special thank you for all that you do throughout every season. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Warmest wishes to you and yours this holiday season.
- It’s so nice to work alongside people like you. Have a safe and wonderful Christmas. See you in the New Year.
- We just wanted to remind you how much you mean to us this Christmas and all throughout the year. Happy holidays from everyone here at [insert company name].
- Warmest wishes from our entire staff this holiday season.
- Family comes in all shapes and sizes – thanks for being part of ours. Happy holidays!
- From our extended family to yours – Merry Christmas.
- Eat too much, sleep too much, and drink responsibly, but most of all, have a Merry Christmas!
- Forget all your troubles this holiday season, but remember to come back to work.
- This Christmas, know that you are thought of always and appreciated more every day.
- Wishing you a season filled with joy, success, and prosperity. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May the spirit of Christmas fill your heart. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.
- As the year ends, we’re grateful for your partnership and support. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year ahead!
- With gratitude, we extend our warmest wishes to you and your team. Merry Christmas and lots of success in the New Year!
- The holidays are a time to celebrate the year’s accomplishments and look forward to new opportunities. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a successful year ahead.
- During this festive season, we’re grateful for the relationships we’ve built. Merry Christmas, and cheers to a bright future together!
- May the magic of the holidays bring success and happiness to your business and all your endeavors.
- Warmest wishes to you and your team this season. May your business thrive now and in the New Year!
- Reflecting on the year, we’re thankful for your trust and collaboration. Wishing you Happy Holidays and a prosperous 2024.
- This Christmas, we celebrate our valued partnership with you. Best wishes for a season of growth and a year of success.
- In the true spirit of the season, we extend our gratitude for your support.
- During the holidays, may your business be blessed with prosperity, your team with joy, and your clients with satisfaction.
- As we approach a new year, we’re excited about the opportunities it will bring. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2024!
- Warm holiday wishes to you and your team. May your Christmas be filled with joy, unity, and success!
- Christmas is a time for sharing, and we’re thankful to have shared another year of business with you. Warmest wishes for a joyful holiday season and best of luck in the New Year!
When choosing the right Christmas verse to compliment your Christmas card, pick one that will speak to all of your clients and coworkers. A seasonal thank you card could be just the right fit. If people celebrate various holidays around this time of year, select a card that includes nondenominational messages. If you have a nice-looking company logo, a die cut card will give a great first impression.
Think of your Christmas card or holiday card as a way to express those important compliments that may go unspoken throughout most of the year, whether you are talking to a colleague you have only known for a short while or a true friend you have known for years.
What to Write in a Christmas Card to a Friend
Trying to send your friends short Christmas wishes or holiday greetings? Good friends will always be there – whether they are thousands of miles away or right next door, you talk to them every day or once every few months. A thoughtful hello, holiday greeting, or short Christmas quote for friends this time of year, will remind them just how much they mean to you.
An inside joke or a tiny bit of nostalgia are nice ways to keep that warm line of communication going during Christmastime, and it will aid you in writing a highly personalized Christmas message. An update on recent events will also help you to maintain a close connection as you craft your holiday verse. Most importantly, be sure to write friend Christmas card messages or holiday greetings that express the true value of having them in your life.
Here are 25 holiday and Christmas phrases to consider when you are trying to figure out what to write in a Christmas card to a friend:
- The greatest gift you can give someone is friendship.
- If memories were Christmas lights, we could brighten up an entire city. I’m so grateful to have a friend like you to share these moments with.
- This Christmas, I just want to say thank you for being you. Have a special holiday and a fantastic New Year!
- The holidays are a time to celebrate friends and family – and those people in our lives who are simultaneously and unconditionally both. Wishing you the best this season and all throughout the year.
- Our friendship grows stronger with each passing year – thinking of you this Christmas and always.
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to— letting a person be who they really are.” – Jim Morrison
- “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.” – Anonymous
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
- Wishing you a season of love, laughter, and joy. Merry Christmas, my dear friend!
- May your heart be as warm and cozy as a fireplace this Christmas. Cheers to memorable moments with cherished friends!
- To the friends who make every moment magical, may your holiday season be just as enchanting!
- This Christmas, let’s unwrap the gift of togetherness and create beautiful memories.
- Sending you warm hugs this holiday season. Merry Christmas, dear friend!
- May your Christmas be blanketed with happiness and sprikled with love. Grateful to have you as my friend. Merry Christmas!
- Friendship is the best gift of all. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Happy to be surrounded by the warmth of friendship this year. Merry Christmas!
- May your days be merry and bright, just like your friendship has made mine. To many more cherished moments this holiday season and throughout the New Year!
- Merry Christmas to an amazing friend who is now family.
- Embrace a Christmas filled with laughter, love, and the joy of friendship. Wishing you a magical season!
- May your heart be as light as freshly fallen snow and warm as a cup of cocoa. Merry Christmas.
- I’m grateful for the gift of your friendship. Wishing you a joyful Christmas and a promising New Year.
- May the spirit of Christmas fill your home with love.
- To the friend who lights up my life, may your holidays be as bright and beautiful as you are. Thanks for everything.
Reminding your friends about the special part they play in your life can be very rewarding – it uplifts the spirit and touches the soul in an almost indefinable way. The same is true for the kind words we extend to family. While we may have our feuds and a dusty skeleton or two sitting in our closets, the importance of family should be recognized all year and highlighted throughout every season.
What to Write in a Christmas Card for Family
Looking to send merry Christmas wishes to friends and family? As the holidays approach, we are given great opportunities to tell our loved ones just how we feel with family blessed christmas wishes. A well-chosen greeting card, with the perfect verse and personal message, can help us to convey, with flawless articulation, what we sometimes struggle to profess in person.
Here are 25 examples of what to write in a holiday or Christmas card to family:
- The joy of family is a gift that keeps on giving all year long.
- Christmas is when we are reminded that the most precious gift of all is spending time with those we love.
- Missing you at Christmastime – let love extend beyond the miles and find its way into your heart.
- Let us never forget the importance of family now and throughout the year. It is family that makes the holidays more special, the good times better, and the bad times bearable. With immeasurable love, wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Out of sight, but certainly not out of mind this Christmastime; looking forward to seeing you in the upcoming year.
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”– Burton Hillis
- “What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
- “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
- “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weedn
- “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another…the warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.”– Emily Matthews
- Wishing you all the joy and warmth Christmas brings. Happy Holidays to our wonderful family!”
- May the magic of Christmas fill our hearts with love, laughter, and endless happiness. Cheers to a fantastic family holiday!
- Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate our love as a family. Let’s make more cherished memories together. Merry Christmas!
- This Christmas, I’m reminded of how blessed we are to have each other. Sending all my love to the greatest family in the world.
- Wishing you a season filled with beautiful moments and unforgettable memories.
- Christmas is not about the presents, but the presence of family. I’m grateful to have each of you in my life. Merry Christmas, my dear family!
- Family is where the heart finds its true home. May your hearts be filled with love this Christmas and always.
- The warmth of our family’s love shines brighter than any Christmas lights. May your hearts be aglow with happiness this holiday season.
- To my amazing family, may the spirit of Christmas wrap you in love and fill your lives with joy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- The best gift I could ever receive is the love of our family. Merry Christmas!
- The holidays are a time to be thankful for the love we share and the moments we create as a family. Here’s to another year of treasured memories. Merry Christmas!
- In the glow of the Christmas lights and the warmth of family gatherings, may your hearts be filled with love, peace, and happiness.
- May the blessings of Christmas fill your home with love and laughter. Happy Holidays!
- To cherished moments and cheerful memories – Merry Christmas!
- To the family who makes every day feel like Christmas, may your holiday season be as joyful and bright as you’ve made my life.
If you want to get even more personal, you can address your Christmas card sayings to specific family members.
For your mom…
A mother is a delicate flower, a courageous lion, and a loving parent all rolled into one.
For your dad…
A father will fight with you, but ultimately, he will fight for you. He may not always be your friend, but he will always be your parent. You may not always like him, but he will always love you.
For your grandparents…
“Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave to another.” – Richard Garnett
For your sister…
“For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
For your brother…
“Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
For your significant other…
There is a moment hiding within the morning, sitting like a silent gift waiting for the sun to rise; it’s three simple words that complicate things beautifully, it’s three words that open one’s eyes to an extraordinary world…I love you. I love you now and forever. I love you with all my heart.
What to Write in a Religious Christmas Card
For some, Christmas gives people the opportunity to rejoice, give thanks, and celebrate the birth of their savior Jesus Christ. Choose a Christmas blessing message to help you do this.
Here are 25 examples of what to write in a religious Christmas card to remind everyone what the holidays are all about:
- A star is born!
- Jesus loves you!
- At Christmas, we celebrate the birth of a king and all he has done to give us life.
- God’s greatness shines on you at Christmastime and all throughout the year.
- Happy birthday to Jesus, and a Merry Christmas to you.
- “This is Christmas: not the tinsel, not the giving and receiving, not even the carols, but the humble heart that receives anew the wondrous gift, the Christ.” – Frank McKibben
- “Somehow, not only for Christmas but all the long year through, the joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “Where there is faith, there is love; where there is love, there is peace; where there is peace, there is God; and where there is God; there is no need.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. If we think on these things, there will be born in us a Savior and over us will shine a star sending its gleam of hope to the world.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” – James 1:17
- “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.” – Isaiah 9:6
- May the light of Christ shine brightly on you this Christmas.
- Rejoice in the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Wishing you a blessed Christmas.
- May the miracle of Christmas fill your life with love.
- This Christmas, let us remember the greatest gift of all – the gift of God’s love.
- Celebrate the birth of Jesus; may His love and grace fill your heart and home.
- “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.” – Luke 2:14
- Wishing you a Christmas filled with the warmth of His love and the light of His guidance.
- The story of Christmas reminds us that God’s love is the greatest gift of all. Happy Holidays!
- Blessings for the season!
- Rejoice in the hope, peace, and love that Christmas brings.
- May you find a deeper connection to the miracle of Christ’s birth.”
- This Christmas, may your heart be full of Jesus’ love.
- Wishing you a Christmas filled with the grace of Jesus Christ.
- Let us remember the true reason for the season – the birth of our Lord and Savior!
Christmas Card Sayings for Nature Christmas Cards
Here are a few Christmas and holiday card sayings to include inside:
- Oh, the weather outside is 86° and sunny – wishing you were here! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Throughout the city, music plays, lights dance, and snowflakes fall, but nothing is as wonderful as hearing your voice, seeing your face, and wrapping my arms around you. Can’t wait to see you this Christmas!
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”– Norman Vincent Peale
What to Write in a Holiday Card to Show Your Sympathy
Sometimes, you may also want to express your sympathy to someone in need of your love and support this holiday season.
Here are some verses that will help you do that:
- Their unmistakable laughter, their inimitable smile, and their unforgettable grace were gifts too precious for this world. Now, we can hear them always and see them everywhere we go. This Christmas, we give thanks for a remarkable person, family member, and friend.
- The holidays can be hard, but together or apart, our family is bonded forever.
- In this world and the next – through space and time and the heavens above – there is nothing that can stifle our undying love. Thinking of you this holiday season and all throughout the year.
- “When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Kahlil Gibran
Trendy, Humorous, and Animal-Friendly Christmas Card Verses
Here are a few holiday and Christmas card sayings from each category to help carry out your ideal message:
- A toast to good times, great friends, and a Merry Christmas!
- “We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile … Then we’ll be new friends!” — Anonymous
- Seasons Grrrrrreatings! Have a purrrrfect Christmas and a doggone good New Year! [Sign your pets names]
Holiday and Christmas Card Closings
You have picked out the perfect holiday card, chosen the perfect holiday verse; now it is time for a tasteful closing to complete your seasonal sentiments. Below are some great closings and short Christmas card phrases when you are trying to figure out just what to write in a holiday card.
There is nothing quite like receiving a personal Christmas card or holiday card. The right holiday or Christmas card sayings placed inside the ideal card can have a tremendously positive effect on someone’s day, week, month, or even year. A few words can change the world, and while you may not be aiming for such a drastic transformation, a simple smile or the subtle notion that someone is thinking of you, can make all the difference in someone’s life.
For more holiday and Christmas card ideas, click here.