If you’re planning a move, whether for business or personal reasons, gathering your thoughts beforehand is a good idea. Avoid the stress by having an organized plan of attack. Here is a checklist that might come in handy as you plan for moving day.
2 Months Before
* Round up estimates from moving companies and/or truck rentals.
* Request a new resident packet from the new Chamber of Commerce
* Begin packing those things you won’t need to access until after the move
* Donate or throw away unwanted items
6 Weeks Before
* Make an effort to use up your consumables
* Compile a list of those you will need to notify of your move. Include businesses, friends, family and all service suppliers
* Begin collecting moving boxes
4 Weeks Before
* Reserve your moving company or truck rental
* File a change of address with the post office
* Notify everyone on your of your new address with personalized Moving Announcements from CardsDirect
* Schedule disconnect days and times for all services such as phone, water, gas, electricity
2 Weeks Before
* Transfer your bank account
* Notify all creditors of your relocation
* Itemize everything being moved on a checklist so you can verify receipt at the other end.
1 Week Before
* Finish packing
* Confirm all reservations
A bit of planning now will make moving day flow smoothly. If you have any helpful moving day tips, be sure and share them with us!