Here are some fun facts about weddings for you!
Wedding Statistics and Fun Facts:
- Every year, an average of 2.4 million weddings are performed in the US.
- The most popular months for weddings are (in order): June, August, September, October and May.
- The top wedding destinations are Las Vegas (100,000 weddings/year) and Hawaii (25,000 weddings/year).
- The average age for a first-time bride is 27; for a groom it’s 29.
- 80% of weddings are performed in churches or synagogues.
- 175 guests are invited to an average wedding.
- The average wedding has 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen.
- The average amount spent on a bridal gown is $800.
- 99% of newlyweds take a honeymoon. The average honeymoon vacation lasts one week.
- 69% of engaged couples have known each other longer than 3 years.
- 60% of brides change their surnames.
CardsDirect’s new line of stationery, stampers and embossers makes it easy for you to share your upcoming nuptials or proclaim your new status – and name!
Check out some of these designs: