At CardsDirect, we are very concerned about the environment. As a card company, we get a lot of questions from our consumers about what we do to promote environmentalism. Here are just 5 things we do:
- We are encouraging our paper suppliers to become get the Forest Stewardship Council certification. This certification states that the paper products that are used in our cards come from managed forests. In other words, the trees that are harvested for the paper in our cards comes from forests that are planted to make paper products. These trees are like a crop and are planted by man – not like a natural growth forests. Currently, one of our paper suppliers has this certification, and we are hopeful the others can get this as well.
- We are increasing the amount of 100 percent recycled paper we use. Before the end of the year, Cards Direct is looking make recycled paper a choice on all of our photo cards.
- CardsDirect was the initiator of recycling program in our office building. In the city of Plano, Texas, only residential homes have recycling provided by the city. While we had to incur an extra expense to have recycling provided for office, we believe it was a worthwhile expense. We worked to get a recycling program brought to our office building, and we are happy to also report that the company from whom we lease our office space has decided to bring the recycling program to all their other office spaces in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.
- Our charity card recycling program: We’re proud to have our recycling program which donates unused cards to charities and non-profit programs. This was a huge success and we will be implementing this in years to come.
- We recycle misprints. Yes, we would like to say that 100 percent of our card orders are perfect for everyone, but even with very easy to use online ordering system and our customer service reps with eagle eyes for spelling errors, we do sometimes have orders that go wrong. At the end of the year, all of these are recycled.
At CardsDirect, we are always looking for ways to make our business and operations more environmentally friendly. We are always open to new ideas. If you have any ideas that we may be able to use to make our systems better for the environment, please contact us act: Support at CardsDirect dot com.