Dear Ms Cards Etiquette,
I’ve finally convinced my boss to start doing greeting card mailings.
None of us really have much experience doing professional card mailings before though. What are the essential things to keep in mind? Thanks!
No need to worry, Nancy. There are five must-do items on your business card mailing checklist … and if you take care of all five, you’re home clear! Here they are:
- Stamp It! That may seem obvious, but do use actual stamps, and not your office postage meter. And if you’re sending oversize cards, make sure you’ve put enough postage on them!
- Return Address It! Another seemingly obvious one, but surprisingly often forgotten … and very easy to prevent: Order business envelopes with your company address pre-printed on each one.
- Sign It! By hand! Even if you order cards with pre-printed messages inside, make sure someone hand-signs each one. Sound like a hassle? Have an office card mailing party, and divide the cards up among all the employees … they’ll be signed in no time.
- Lick It! Make sure your envelopes are all sealed properly. Of course, licking every envelope in your entire mailing might be a bit much to ask of any employee, so do stock up on envelope moistening bottles from the local office supply store before your mailing party.
- Address It!Some companies do envelopes with labels/printed addresses, while others handwrite the address (more personal). Either way, make sure it is accurate and complete for proper delivery.
If you keep all five of those points in mind, your company greeting card mailings are sure to be a success!