Oh, the holidays! Fancy foods, family feasts, holiday parties; eat, drink and be merry! But beware, holiday party pounds can creep up on you rather quickly. There are, however, ways to avoid this added poundage by planning ahead and considering these simple tips when accepting holiday party invitations.
1. Eat a little something nutritious before you head out to party. If you are not starving when you arrive, you are far less likely to chow down at the buffet table of tempting holiday treats.
2. Sit or stand as far away from the food as possible. Put as many people and as much space as you can between you and the goodies.
3. Keep your hands otherwise occupied. A diet drink in one hand and your purse in the other will make it more difficult to juggle a plate of Christmas cookies.
4. Talk, talk, talk! Keep your mouth moving by meeting people and enjoying conversation and you won’t have time to stuff it with food!
5. Avoid the over consumption of alcohol. This one isn’t just about weight gain, although alcohol is loaded with calories, it is a wise idea everyone should consider! Have one drink then switch to something less caloric. You’ll enjoy the party and the day after as well!
It is the holidays though so do allow yourself one special treat. You won’t find those holiday bourbon balls at any other time of the year so indulge within reason by popping one or two and you can ignore all those weight loss commercials that pop up in January!